In May, the terms of two current REN-ISAC Board Directors will expire, and an election will be held to fill these seats. The Membership Committee will again facilitate the nomination and election process this year. Directors elected this year will serve a three-year term, beginning June 1, 2018 and ending May 31, 2020.
We invite you to nominate yourself or others to run for an open Board seat. Both Management and Member Representatives, including the Directors whose terms are currently expiring, are eligible to run for the Board. The nomination window ends at 8:00pm EST on February 23. If a candidate is nominated by someone else, that candidate must agree to run for the seat in order to complete the nomination. The Membership Committee will present the slate of candidates to membership in early March, and voting will commence thereafter.
Responsibilities of members of the Board include (but are not limited to) the duties described in ByLaws Articles IX and X , attending Board Meetings in person and via remote participation, voting on governance-related issues, providing guidance and oversight on REN-ISAC strategic direction, maintaining the ByLaws and other formal organizational structures, serving on Board committees and as Board officers, representing REN-ISAC at events and with members, and fulfilling the fiduciary duties to ensure that REN-ISAC is meeting its mission. For questions or clarification of Board responsibilities, feel free to contact the Membership Committee (membership at ren-isac dot net)
To nominate someone besides yourself, please email ri-elections at lists dot ren-isac dot net with the following:
- Name and email of nominee
The Membership Committee will ensure that the nominee agrees to run and will get the rest of the profile information directly from the nominee.
To nominate yourself, please email ri-elections at lists dot ren-isac dot net with the following:
- Institution name and size (students/faculty/staff)
- Cumulative years in REN-ISAC (can be approximate)
Additionally, please answer the following:
- Why you are interested in serving on the REN-ISAC Board
- Please describe your background
- Please describe your governance experience
- What your is vision for the REN-ISAC
- Optional: please provide a link to your bio
The submission of your candidacy acknowledges your agreement with these terms. As a candidate for the REN-ISAC Board, you agree to:
- Publication of your profile information on the REN-ISAC Member Wiki
- Participation in a Board Candidate Introduction and Panel Discussion TechBurst
- Providing introductory information about yourself and your candidacy to the community during the election
- Attendance at new Director orientation
- If elected, committment to fulfilling Board duties, attending monthly meetings, and participating in related Board business
For questions or clarification of Board responsibilities, feel free to contact the Membership Committee (membership at ren-isac dot net)
 REN-ISAC Bylaws: http://www.ren-isac.net/docs/REN-ISAC_ByLaws_20141117.pdf