The Membership Committee working in cooperation the REN-ISAC directors is responsible for:
- Recommending ways to increase REN-ISAC membership, especially among under-represented segments of the U.S. research and education community
- Recommending and conducting ways for making prospective and current members aware of the resources, services, and membership benefits of REN-ISAC
- Recommending and conducting ways to welcome and acknowledge new members and encourage participation in REN-ISAC activities
- Identifying and analyzing member and prospective member needs and perceptions. Recommending ways for meeting needs and managing perceptions
- Monitoring vouching for prospective members, and judging cases of dissent
- Judging cases of reproach of a member
- Maintaining member awareness of REN-ISAC policies, and monitoring compliance
- In cooperation with REN-ISAC directors, adjudicating cases of policy breach.
The Membership Committee is composed of appointed members and the REN-ISAC Director. Appointments are for a three-year term and are made on a staggered basis with one-third of the positions filled each year. The chair's appointment is for one year. The composition of the Committee is intended to reflect as broadly as possible the make-up of the research and education community. The Committee Chair seeks volunteers from the membership for open Committee seats, and submits recommendations to the REN-ISAC Director. The committee as a whole recommends to the REN-ISAC Director an individual from the committee to serve as its next vice chair. The vice chair serves a one-year term, followed by a one-year term as chair. The chair and vice chair, assume their committee responsibilities at the close of the annual meeting in the year in which they are appointed.
The Membership Committee chair and vice chair must submit an annual report to the REN-ISAC Director two weeks in advance of the Annual Meeting.
Members of the Membership Committee are:
|Jason Edelstein||University of Chicago|
|Jeff Gassaway, Chair||University of New Mexico|
|Michael Grinnell||University of Virginia|
Click here to contact the Membership Committee if you have questions about membership rules, guidelines, our Information Sharing Policy, or any of the topics highlighted above. Click here to contact the Director of Membership Services.